The patronal feast at the Troitsky skete
On the Feast of Pentecost, we remember an event from the New Testament history, when the Lord God imbued the twelve simple unlearned men with the grace of the Holy Spirit, and with it, they went to conquer the whole world – not by a weapon or force, but through the preaching of the Gospel. The Holy Spirit nurtured and spread the Church all over the universe, made the holy fathers wise to depose the heretical fallacies and keep true faith without blemish.
The Troitsky skete celebrates the patronal feast today. Rev. Fr. Nikolai Molodtsov of the Seraphim-Diveyevo monastery served the All-night Vigil, paraklesis with the water blessing prayer service and the Divine Liturgy there. At the end of the service, the procession walked around the church.
A wooden Trinity church in the village of Hokhlovo, the site of today’s Troitsky skete, was built in 1764. One hundred years later, the villagers decided to build a grand three-altar brick church in the Russian Byzantine style. For many years, it adorned the village of Hokhlovo and it even remained standing when the village was taken down as depressed. Around 1997, the Trinity Church was transferred to the Seraphim-Diveyevo monastery and in 2002 it was consecrated again.