A new Icon Installed Above the Venerable Seraphim’s Tomb
Five years ago, a new tomb canopy over the Venerable Seraphim’s relics was installed at the Seraphim-Diveyevo Monastery. It was created by the specialists from the “Ros-Vinnitsa” church supply factory at the Sretensky monastery in Vinnitsa (Ukraine). They conducted a thorough research to determine how exactly the original canopy, installed at the Sarov monastery in 1903, had looked like. They studied its written descriptions and preserved photos. They were able to create a new canopy modeled after the original one.
A marble frame weighing 200 kg and the icon “Vision by Venerable Seraphim of the Theotokos on the feast of Annunciation in 1831” were installed today at the Trinity Cathedral. Following Liturgy, the specialists from Vinnitsa began mounting process. During evening service, the tomb with the Venerable Seraphim’s relics was reinstalled on its foundation accompanied by the sister’s choir singing Troparion, Kontakion and hymns of praise to the holy Sarov elder.